A course at the University of Idaho – REM 151
Rangeland topics are presented in five main categories:
- Rangeland Resources & Uses
- What are rangelands?
- Why are rangeland important?
- Changing uses of rangelands?
- Rangeland Plants
- Grass, grass-like, forb, shrub, or tree?
- Annual or perennial?
- Native, introduced, or noxious?
- Nutritious or poisonous?
- Rangeland Animals
- Carnivore, ominivore, or herbivore?
- Native, feral, or domestic?
- Livestock-Wildlife interactions.
- Setting a stocking rate.
- Rangeland Ecosystems Around the Globe
- Grasslands, shrublands, woodlands, savannahs, deserts, or tundra?
- Rangeland soils.
- Riparian and wetland ecosystems.
- Describing and monitoring rangelands.
- Rangeland Ecology & Management
- What causes rangeland to change or stay the same?
- How plants respond to grazing and fire.
- Wildland fire, invasive plants and rangeland restoration.
- How humans affect and conserve rangelands.